Don’t forget to submit your HPOU Scholarship packet!
To qualify for a scholarship, a student must:
- Be a dependent of an active or retired member in good standing with the HPOU
- Be a high school senior who will be entering college for the first time
- Submit the application along with a copy of his or her official high school transcripts
- Submit a written essay of 3-4 pages on a topic that has been selected by the HPOU Education Committee
- Submit a signed HPOU Scholarship Commitment Letter
- Have all these documents and the essay in the office of the Houston Police Officers’ Union by 4pm Friday, March 5, 2021.
- Official transcripts mailed by the student’s school must be postmarked by March 5, 2021.
- Please see the complete list of the detailed requirements in this printable online packet (includes the application and commitment letter): 2021 HPOU Scholarship Packet